VP Human Resources/People (m/f/d)
ATAI Life SciencesNew York17 days ago
VP Human Resources/People (m/f/d)
ATAI is a Berlin, New York, and London based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies in our portfolio developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
Employment type: full-time
Location: New York/Berlin
Reporting: This position reports to the CEO and partners with the executive leadership team.
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- An entry point to a successful career in life sciences
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- A great office and co-working space in Krausenstraße Berlin Stadtmitte, Mindspace, or in Central New York
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via a share option plan
- Develop a strategic vision on how to reach our People goals, as set by you in collaboration with the founders and executive leadership team
- Develop and manage a competitive compensation program through regular market analysis, design pay, and equity structures that integrate with performance review cycles and employee progression paths.
- Develop, Implement and Maintain appropriate procedures and tools for equitable, cost-effective global market salary, benefits, and incentive structures
- Lead Learning and Development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales.
- Educate, advise, and influence on organizational design, employee development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, talent reviews, and change management.
- Lead as a coach at all levels, from strategic advising to company founders and leadership team, to mentorship of new employees
- Prioritize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging in recruiting, hiring, employee development, and policies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the People Ops function, with accountability for team growth and success and balancing strategic leadership with tactical/operational responsibilities
- Lead and develop our People Business Partner in Berlin
- Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or MBA from a top-tier university with an excellent academic record in Human Resources, Business or Social Science
- 15+ years of working experience in Human Resources, with a strong preference for biotech or pharma experience in smaller companies (30-200 employees)
- Experience in working in multinational companies before and are an expert in scaling and managing an HR department over 3 continents
- Ability to manage a complex company culture and company setup through influence, data, and a rigorous approach and being open to new ideas and perspectives to find the right solutions and fit for ATAI
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done, educating and leading the management team in developing a People strategy aligned with the company’s stage of growth
- Proven ability to lead strategic staffing planning process with the leadership team to anticipate department-specific and organization-wide tactical and strategic objectives, identify gaps/weaknesses, and reach appropriate hiring/staffing solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the US labor law and US employee benefits, knowledge of European labor law is a plus
- Willingness to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
- Inspirational Role Model for the Company Culture with a team-oriented collaborative spirit, highest integrity, and a customer service approach
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need - Apply today via the "Apply for this Job" - button on the top right. Please note that we can only accept applications from people that have a valid US work permit.