Legal compliance analyst / paralegal
Compass PathwaysNew York17 days ago
We are looking for a legal compliance analyst/paralegal to join our team.
The role would include being responsible for researching and analysing compliance policies and procedures, as well as developing and managing the compliance training programmes, and being responsible for legal administrative tasks.
Roles and responsibilities
- Review and interpret templated vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, data processing agreements, and other legal compliance documents and escalate issues
- Assist with the development, revision, and/or implementation of a contract management system, compliance policies, and best practice procedures
- Maintain legal and governance document repository and contract management system
- Research and analyse matters related to existing and new applicable regulatory requirements, including but not limited to GDPR, HIPAA, FDA, Stark and other governmental regulatory compliance matters
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in educational training programmes focussing on compliance to help ensure that all employees and management understand applicable regulatory guidelines and company policies
- Update and establish best practices and policies
- Prepare and assist with legal and corporate filings and reports
- Prepare, review, and mark up certain contracts and agreements, such as NDAs, and other forms; provides same to outside parties
- Initiate, establish, and maintain internal and external open lines of communication to effectively present Legal department services, policies, procedures and programmes
- Measure effectiveness of compliance by conducting routine and focused audits of policy/procedure adherence and ensure a compliance feedback/prevention process that uses the results of both internal and external audits and investigations to develop, revise and strengthen new and/or existing policies, procedures and relevant employee training
- Coordinate with other departments to gather information needed for regulatory reviews, validations, and audits
- Coordinate with outside counsel
- Prepare for and coordinate internal and external meetings; prepares notes for same
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment ensuring timely execution while maintaining confidentiality
- Undertake administrative tasks, as assigned, for a growing legal team
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Healthcare compliance, SEC compliance, legal/paralegal, or related degree preferred. Certification in healthcare compliance is preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in healthcare compliance or other risk management work experience in healthcare industry, health compliance programmes, or related fields
- Prior experience working for a publicly listed company a plus
- A successful candidate will possess strong organizational, coordination and interpersonal skills for facilitating cross-functional communications and collaborations, the ability to gather, research, and analyse data, and also work in an administrative capacity as needed
- Working knowledge of GDPR and HIPAA Privacy requirements preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required. Ability to read and interpret contracts and other types of legal documents
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, results-oriented team player and be able to prioritise responsibilities
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to email@example.com
Note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.