Lead Medicinal Chemist
Noetic FoundryTexasa month ago
Noetic Foundry is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Medicinal Chemist to lead the inaugural research project at one of its portfolio companies. Partnering with venture investors, the university-affiliated research team will work towards psychopharmacological innovations that can be commercialized to improve mental healthcare.
Working with the world-class Principal Investigator, the Lead Medicinal Chemist will ideate and drive research efforts for novel compounds and drive them towards lead optimization and IND-enabling studies. The key aspects of this role are to propose and execute synthetic strategies for small molecules. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of drug discovery, and a track record of excellence in comparable environments.
- Design and synthesize analogs for structure-activity relationship (SAR) studies.
- Utilize synthetic strategies to design and execute organic syntheses of target molecules.
- Isolate and purify compounds by flash chromatography and other methods.
- Confirm identities of synthesized molecules by NMR, MS, elemental analysis and other relevant techniques.
- Research existing literature to formulate medicinal chemistry strategies.
- Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion.
- Draft manuscripts and present scientific results at meetings.
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
- Work on several different projects of varying lengths and complexity.
- Work collaboratively with PIs, other research team members and administrative staff.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry.
- Has 4 years of synthetic organic chemistry lab experience.
- Has a strong knowledge of current synthetic methods.
- Has excellent written, organizational and documentation skills.
- Has demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Has a strong knowledge of organic chemical reactions, mechanisms and the ability to plan and develop complex multi-step syntheses.
- Has some understanding of medicinal chemistry and pharmacology.
- Experience in working as part of a multidisciplinary team highly desirable.
- Experience in computer-assisted rational drug design with molecular modeling and docking is a bonus.
- Previous neuroscience research experience is an asset.
Commensurate with experience