California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS)San Francisco, California, US9 days ago
About California Institute of Integral Studies:
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences.
The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The 20-hour per week Instruction Supervisor participates actively in the life of the Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research to forward pedagogical best practices and innovations to enhance student learning. The Instruction Supervisor works with the Certificate Manager and Center Director to support the full range of threshold events for each student's progress in the program. Instead of having faculty advisors, each student will interface directly with the Instruction Supervisor who will track and advise them on the completion of each of the projects required to graduate from the program. The Instruction Supervisor reports to and assists the Certificate Manager in various aspects of the admissions application, interview, and enrollment processes.
Workshops, book clubs, and consulting groups will be organized and managed as part of this position. The Instruction Supervisor maintains records of assignment completion and tracks student progress throughout the program. This staff person will be in communication with mentors regarding student completion and affinity groups as their coach/mentor.
The Instructional Supervisor grades quizzes and assigns activities for any student who misses a class. The Instructional Supervisor works with the Associate Directors and Certificate Manager when a student is having problems in the program and may refer a student to the Trainee Development Committee for remediation work. When students petition to graduate, the Instructional Supervisor reviews their performance and completion of all requirements.
The Instruction Supervisor is responsible for working directly with students regarding incomplete work and is the staff member who manages the conferral of all certificates of completion of the training program. This position is a 20 hour per week role with some options for working remotely on an ongoing basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-develop and communicate across a curricular vision for the Center that emphasizes collaboration, critical thinking, compassion, and integrity.
- Promote a learning culture, incorporating professional development and reflective practices.
- Assists in on-going projects as needed in the Center.
- Manages all workshops, book clubs, and consulting groups.
- Maintain and improve assignment tracking systems.
- Track all students' progress at each step of the program.
- Act as academic advisor and problem-solver for concerns with student performance.
- Provide the advice and professional development to help students meet individual and schoolwide goals and expectations.
- Assess and document student completion of all required projects and activities.
- Refer students to the CPTR faculty remediation committee for feedback and remediation when their academic and/or professional performance is not meeting expectations.
- Collaborate with the Center Director, Certificate Manager, and Associate Director of Certificates to ensure cohesion and alignment of support for faculty and students and course materials to further develop cultural applicability and high-quality standard of program offerings.
- Masters or equivalent degree in counseling, psychology or psychiatry.
- A strong background as a psychotherapist or medical professional, preferably with an understanding of psychedelic-assisted therapies.
- Six or more years of administrative experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced studies in educational leadership preferred but not required.
- Experience with teacher training, mentoring, and coaching and experience promoting professional development.
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity and equity.
- Meticulous, with strong analytical skills as well as technology skills and software fluency.
- Skill in delivering and receiving feedback.
- The vision, flexibility, energy, patience, adaptability, and sense of humor to lead successfully and cultivate growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software and email applications.
- Demonstrates professional behavior, including discretion, good judgment, and integrity.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience for this part-time position.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
For Further Inquiries, please e-mail Michelle Zeng, HR Generalist at HRoffice@ciis.edu