Full Stack Software Engineer
Compass PathwaysLondon, United Kingdom23 days ago
The Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for delivering COMPASS’s online learning platform.
The interactive platform will be used to provide theoretical and practice-based training to therapists. We want to develop a world-class platform that supports and enables therapists to be the best they can be, as we work to transform mental health care. Our emphasis is on user experience and security while maintaining best practices.
Roles and responsibilities
- Own the technical part of the learning management platform, both front-end and back-end
- Ensure the system is scalable, secure and robust
- Actively contribute to product iteration and development to ensure product is delivering an excellent experience to users
- Hire, train, mentor and grow fellow engineers
- Write and ship high quality, best-practice grade code, ensure technical documentation is up to date
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Work across functional teams in the company to translate requirements into technical features, and with data scientists and analysts to develop software
- The position reports into the Head of Engineering
- The position works closely with the Therapy Research and Training Team, UI/UX designer, data scientists, and learning designer
- Experience in product software development (both front-end and back-end), will ideally have worked on a Learning Management System or within the education sector
- Language agnosticism, understanding of strengths and weaknesses of various languages, systems and frameworks
- Expert knowledge of React or Angular ecosystem. Experience with Typescript and Next.js are a plus
- Expertise in Python and experience with other programming languages, ideally Java
- Good understanding of how relational DBMS (ideally Postgres) work, proficiency in SQL and query performance tuning
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks (e.g., Terraform) is a plus
- Strong analytical, project management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and in cross-functional teams under uncertainty in an entrepreneurial and rapid growth-oriented environment
- Aligned to our company mission and values of Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive
- Ability to work in the UK or US (London or New York offices)
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US or UK.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.