Director of Chemical Biology and Commercialization
Noetic FoundryTexasa month ago
Noetic Foundry is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial Director to lead the inaugural research project at one of its portfolio companies. Partnering with venture investors, the university-affiliated research team will work towards psychopharmaclogical innovations that can be commercialized to improve mental healthcare.
Working with the world-class Principal Investigator, the Director will coordinate the Research & Development activities for novel medical chemistry compounds and drive them towards the FDA IND. The Director will be responsible for project budgets, timelines, milestones and coordination activities. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of drug discovery, and a track record of excellence in comparable environments.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the PIs, other research team members and administrative staff.
- Develop experimental plans and project calendars to track timelines, budgets, and the drug discovery/development pipeline.
- Establish and lead a cadence of coordination meetings.
- Lead world-class execution of the research program, including well-organized data and analytic infrastructure.
- Manage the scheduling and execution of daily activities across the study team, including laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Work closely with the team to plan, coordinate and manage the overall project through weekly project meetings, progress reports and preparation of written and verbal reports.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field.
- Has five or more years of related experience (project management experience is an asset).
- Creates and monitors research project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Actively mitigates regulatory and compliance issues.
- Coordinates the collection and analysis of data and the development of project related documents.
- Ensures research project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Provides team leadership through mentoring.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
Commensurate with experience.