Compass PathwaysNew York/London9 days ago
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to run COMPASS’s cloud, AWS-based infrastructure.
Roles and responsibilities
- Own our AWS cloud infrastructure and ensure the system is scalable, robust and purpose fit
- Introduce and adopt the best practices related to the infrastructure-as-code, continuous delivery and integration in the cloud
- Automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Act as the infrastructure domain expert and evangelist
- Troubleshoot various issues related to networking and load
- Configure, troubleshoot and optimize the performance of database systems
- Assist in project management decisions
- The position reports into the Head of Engineering
- The position works closely with the rest of the engineering department (UI/UX, Full Stack, etc) as well as the data science and IT groups
- The person will also liaison cross-functionally as necessary to support infrastructure company-wide
- Experience in DevOps, development, systems administration
- Knowledge of python required. Familiarity with Java and other programming languages is a strong plus
- Experience with container systems such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Expert knowledge of AWS ecosystem and common Linux platforms (amazon-emi, centOS, others)
- Experience building AWS infrastructure from the ground up in a fast start-up environment
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA and other security regulations
- Good understanding of how relational DBMS (ideally Postgres) work under the hood, proficiency query performance tuning
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation)
- Strong analytical, project management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and in cross-functional teams in an entrepreneurial and rapid growth-oriented environment
- Aligned to our company mission and values of Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive
- Ability to work in the UK or US (London or New York offices)
How to apply
If interested, please send your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, and therefore can only accept applications from people who have employment rights in the US or UK.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.