Chief Financial Officer
MindCureCanada, Remotea month ago
MindCure is a mental health and wellness company, focused on finding new ways to treat the profound distress of a world suffering from a mental health crisis. Bringing a new category of psychoactive and psychedelic treatments to market, we aim to revolutionize the long-term treatment of mental health disorders.
Headquartered in Canada, we are uniquely situated in the market, benefiting from a sophisticated investment community, world-class scientific professionals, and government leadership in research.
Now we’re ready to bring on a driven and entrepreneurial Chief Financial Officer, who will help take us to the next level.
Who are you?
As a cornerstone of the executive leadership team, you’re someone who can provide both operational and strategic financial leadership to the organization, and who can own final accountability for the financial and administration functions of the company.
Ideally you have a strong background in complex, high-growth publicly traded companies, and are passionate about forward-thinking medicine that will change the world, and the future of mental health care.
Chief Financial Officer
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate capital financing to fund our continued expansion, and for establishing detailed financial reporting and forecasting capabilities to manage growth, and ensure cost control and accountability. Striving for growth and increased profitability, you will enhance systems and process and establish business development opportunities for the organization with the CEO.
You’ll drive business insights, conduct in-depth risk analyses of current and future financial opportunities, lead capital raising initiatives, and build an airtight environment of financial controls.
Success in this role will require not only exceptional financial aptitude, but also strong communication skills, and the ability to manage small and large picture tasks concurrently.
Leading the financial function, you will:
· Provide fact-based thought leadership on strategic and financial decisions
· Establish a strong financial control environment for scale and growth through creating, reviewing, and improving financial policies, processes, and controls
· Conduct in-depth analysis of financial and business development opportunities and risks of current and future business initiatives and make recommendations
· Support the CEO and lead the charge on all new and current capital raising initiatives as well as merger and acquisition opportunities
· Provide oversight and coaching to the Senior Accountant and Controller in budgeting, forecasting, and managing Mind Cure’s Finance department
· Manage reporting requirements, negotiations and relationships with commercial banks, lenders, and investors, insurance providers, etc.
· Identify and lead applications for potential government funding and grant opportunities
· Responsible for risk management process including contract review and liaising with external legal firms
· Redesign retail product pricing models and processes to dynamically react to cost changes and market developments and maximize gross margin
· Build a highly engaged, skilled team that can thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and confidently collaborate with senior executives
· Provide corporate governance – through improving control and analytical evaluation processes
· Create scalable business and revenue models for future corporate expansion and growth
· Ensure working capital needs for funding, operations, equipment, and technology acquisitions, and optimize the mix of capital between equity and debt
· Manage the company’s investor base
· Manage financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting activities, including audit activity, regulatory filing and compliance, CSE and all related requirements
· Manage relationships with investors and investment institutions
· Present the organization’s progress on strategic goals to external stakeholders
· Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiates acquisition
· Remain abreast of trends, opportunities, and changing legislation that affects the organization
The Right Fit
You’re the best candidate for this role because you:
· Build relationships – Whether you’re working with the executive team, investors, or employees, you know how to forge strong relationships where everyone benefits.
· Excel under pressure – you’re not the sort of person who looks for the easy way. You meet challenges directly, put in the work, and take pride in the outcome.
· Take ownership – you’re proactive and always looking for ways to make a bigger impact. Whether something goes wrong or right, you’re ready to take responsibility, learn, and improve.
· Lead by example – you do more than complete tasks: you improve the work of those around you. You’re a resource, a motivator, and a problem solver all at once.
Working at MindCure
Our founding team and advisors have deep industry-specific experience in biotech, life sciences, product discovery, research, technology, and entrepreneurship.
We’re focused, driven, and passionate about our work – if you live and feel the same way, you’ll fit right in.
There is tremendous opportunity for growth and success here, as we continue to expand, and we can’t wait for you to be a part of it.
This is a full-time, permanent position working from your home office.
We offer a highly attractive total compensation package, commensurate with experience. and which will include access to stock options and performance-based bonuses.
· 10+ years of corporate finance and business development leadership in a similarly complex and high growth publicly traded company
· Proven experience and success with quickly scaling a complex high growth business
· Significant experience with SEC reporting, and similarly related requirements for a publicly traded company
· Experience in listing on the US exchanges
· Transactional experience (mergers, acquisitions, and integrations) is an asset
· Demonstrated knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE), and US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
· Strong business and financial acumen, paired with strong verbal and written communication skills to coordinate and execute plans at all levels within the business and with suppliers and customers
· Proven ability to lead and inspire finance teams with an entrepreneurial mindset and big picture thinking
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field, paired with an MBA
· Chartered Professional Accountant of Canada (CPA) Designation